BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Journal Entry #1- My name

#1 journal entry. Here we go.

I wasn't named after anyone in my family. I got my name because my mother had a list of childrens names and crossed them off as she got more and more nieces and nephews. I used to think I had an old lady's name because of The Wizard of Oz (Aunty Em), but no longer. I'm cool with it. I think the other alternative for my birth certificate was Elizabeth. I love that name and I remember being bitter for a couple of minutes in my younger years because it wasn't my name. I might like it a little more now because of Pirates of the Caribbean...

Also! Once upon a time, my mom wanted my middle name to be Bliss? My angel father convinced her that the middle names should only go to the boys in the family. I think he started that idea because he was scared of what middle name she would give Sarah... :) Just kidding! I like my unofficial middle name! It's a fun story and I like making fun of it with everyone else! Haha! Emily Bliss.... yeah. I'm glad it's not for real!

4 comments:

Cami D. said...

YEAH FOR BLISS WHO BLOGGED! See it's kind of fun huh?? What do you think they would have named Sara?

Emily Gordon said...

How about Sarah Faith or Sarah Charity. Or even better! Sarah Epiphany! Ha! Thank you father...

jeaniebug said...

Sarah-castic. haha i just made myself laugh. Good job blogging Bliss!

M. G. said...

I loved that name! BTW I always love the name Emily and held my breath after every neice was born. Thank you family for leaving me Emily. Bliss was the last name of one of my sister's friends that I thought was super cool. Her first name was Angie.